POWERLIFT: A NEW LIFTING STANDARD FOR LARGE LED SCREENS
The Powerlift is a sturdy all in one system, for assembling, lifting and carrying large LED screens for public events
3 functions in a single system
Most LED screens are rented for short periods or spot events. Their size, weight and modular concept impose very specific constraints. Contractors expect a short setting time while coping with high safety requirement.
The Powerlift has been designed for rental companies and entertainment contractors to deal with public events with maximum comfort and safety, while minimising running costs.
STABILITY AND SAFETY
The single-unit welded steel base, equipped with 6 adjustable legs, provides high stability. The load is evenly spread across a large surface.
Unlike using two individual lifters side by side, the lifters set on the base are braced and synchronised, forming a solid and homogenous system with 2 synchronised telescopic lifting systems.
A dead-weight crate is designed to receive 500kg worth of sand bags to create a counter weight, essential for outdoor use. This configuration allows for the bottom of the display to be set at ground level, with the front legs no longer needed (see conditions of use).
The Powerlift is designed to work with a 500kg screen positioned 250mm off-centre in front of the lifting axis.
The Powerlift uses Goliath cable-free rack and pinion technology (patented). This technology has been tried and tested for years within the entertainment lifting industry, improving safety and reducing the need for maintenance by eliminating the usual risks linked to cables.
The Powerlift is also equipped with Goliath dual automatic security technology (patented), which independently secures all telescopic modules. This state-of-the-art design allows users to set a specific screen level and replaces the mechanical pins that usually limits lifting adjustment to defined levels.
Both lifters are synchronised through a transmission shaft to ensure stable, smooth and thorough lifting.
These technology and design features make the Powerlift the safest and easiest system to use.
A simple, easy to install system
The Powerlift rolling kit facilitates its handling. It is very compact and can be transported on a trailer with loading ramps. We recommend Satellite trailers, designed for this application.
The Powerlift is equipped with a built-in winch to assist the lifters in reaching a free-standing position. Setup of the system is achieved quickly by a single operator.
The Powerlift can be fitted with tilting heads (recommended). They are operated by a separate lifting device. Once in low position (approx. 1.5m high), heads will receive a duo trussing (not included) to support the screen. It is the ideal work station to assemble the first layer of LED panels.
Once mounted, the tilting heads are simultaneously lifted and secured in upper position in order to allow the assembly of a second layer of LED panels. Once the coupling bar is set, it is possible to deploy the synchronised telescopic lifters, in order to allow the assembly of each of the next levels.
The Powerlift has a security feature that prevents the dismantling of the telescopic lifters during any operation.
Easy 3-step use
A coupling shaft synchronises both lifters with each other, so that a single user can handle the system. This function also enables system stability to be ensured, and to allow an even and safe lifting.
- Lower the tilting heads
- Mount the first layer of LED panels
- Lift up and secure the tilting heads
- Mount the second layer of LED panels
- Deploy the telescopic lifters, mount the next layer. To lift the screen, position the crank handle on the drive shaft, then turn the handle until you reach the desired level. It can be directly read on the second section. All safety devices are automatic, so there is no need for pins setup.
- Once the screen has been set at the appropriate height for the show, the operator must activate a security lock on each lifter (during the show). These security locks can be automatically disengaged by lifting the system up slightly, before lowering the screen back down at the end of use.
- Rigging: the duo trussing must be secured during the show with cables, linked to the base of the Powerlift. These cables must not be stretched or under strong tension. The
- Technical details
- Min. height : 5ft/1,50m
- Unit weight : 515 Kg
- Maximum load : 1103lbs/500kg
- Define/ configurate